About our Biotech Facility
Bio7 - state-of-the-art multiproduct facility, in Sweden
- Multi-product, biotechnology production facility allows rapid introduction of microbial and yeast expression systems
- Swedish heritage go back to 1911 when Pharmacia was founded
(Pfizer acquired Pharmacia 2003.)
- Pharmaceutical production in Strängnäs since 1955
- 89 000 m² total site
- 20 000 m² plant facility (+ room for expansion)
- ~200 full time employees
- Currently up to 300 production batches a year in 3000 L fermentation scale
- Full compliance with Pfizer quality standards and regulatory authorities
- In-house media production facility
- In-house waste water treatment facility
- In-house Quality control laboratory
- In-house microbial laboratory
- Modern Process Support Laboratory for design and process development.
- 25 + years experience of bacterial expression systems.
- cGMP compliant and excellent inspection track record from FDA, EMA, ANVISA, PMDA etc.
- Successful certifications ISO-9001/OHSAS-18001, AFS-2001 etc.
- 100% on-time-deliveries
- 99% success rate on started batches
- Green manufacturing
- Energy & Climate Change certificate for its: “Energy efficient design & operations” 2010
- “Facility of the Year Award” In the category of Operational Excellence 2011
- “Change Management Award” 2013